Re: anyone able to access metalink today?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:54:29 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 12, 9:22 am, "The Boss" <use..._at_No.Spam.Please.invalid> wrote:

> >> And here is my
> >> reply:http://dbasrus.blogspot.com/2009/11/quite-frankly-warticki-you-should...
>
> > Why don't you tell us what you really think? :-D

I just did...
;)

> > BTW, CW lined out the clueless word in the blog post.  I think he was
> > trying to be funny, FWIW.

Ah yes, the revisionism started. Good thing I saved the page at the right time. Nothing like a bit of true history.

> CW actually apologised:http://blogs.oracle.com/Support/2009/11/oracle_customer_support_ok_i_...

Good on him! He also apologized in my blog, read the comments. Needlessly: it's to clients he has to do so, I'm just the "Negative Nellie"...

> Probably after reading this article in CW (!):http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140613/Users_call_new_Oracle_...

Most unfortunate, really. Why is it that other companies don't have these kind of problems?

A hint would be: they LISTEN to their customers, instead of spending huge marketing budgets deriding them.

> BTW: I must have been very lucky; I didn't try to login to MOS until 10
> minutes ago, and got in like a flash ...
> (which is to say: it is performing the same as it was doing 1 or 2 weeks
> ago,  which is worse than Classic ML, but acceptable for my limited needs)

Oh, I fully expect everyone from now on to all of a sudden have great results and no problems whatsoever.
That was, however, hardly the point... Received on Wed Nov 11 2009 - 17:54:29 CST

Original text of this message