Re: anyone able to access metalink today?

From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:21:25 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 11, 2:31 am, Noons <> wrote:
> joel garry wrote,on my timestamp of 11/11/2009 6:18 AM:
> > Neener neener neener!
> How professional and respectful!
> And here is my reply:

Why don't you tell us what you really think? :-D

BTW, CW lined out the clueless word in the blog post. I think he was trying to be funny, FWIW.

> Probably gonna ensure that I'll never receive one of their "awards".
> Or indeed the promised "golf day" after we padded their pockets to the tune of 6
> figure license fees and yearly maintenance updates...
> (BTW, I never intended to accept the promise: it'd be unprofessional to do so.
> Yes, I know, it's a quaint dba 1.0 concept, professionalism...)
> But then again: since when did any of that stop me?
> :)

I doubt if the guy will get fired, and he probably will deserve an award having to be the face of this disaster. If I may dive into improbable paranoia for a moment, I wonder if they purposely did this before a bank holiday? For the information of those outside the US or otherwise wouldn't know, today is Veterans Day.

-- is bogus.
"...trash removal will not be delayed."
"...trash pickup will be delayed one day."
Two different radio stations this morning.