Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...

From: MBPP <>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 06:27:18 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 11, 6:11 am, hpuxrac <> wrote:
> Still broken ... ( broken differently than yesterday ).
> Get message
> My Oracle Support Services Error
> A server connection error occurred.
> You cannot continue
> Please try again later.
> It looks like Noons nailed it on his blog post sad to say but true.

Here (from Brazil) it is OK, no problems (Firefox 3.5.5, Windows Vista). Try to clear the cache, see if it helps.

Despite that I agree that they could have done a better job, the problem is not Flash itself but the design and architecture in my opinion. They created a huge SWF file with 2.4MB (I don't know why they didn't use Flash modules and RSLs), it is using HTTPS for everything, it is compressing even small XML messages, the interface has a small font and too many widgets for my taste. Received on Wed Nov 11 2009 - 08:27:18 CST

Original text of this message