Re: Creating assertions on oracle 10g

From: ErikYkema <erik.ykema_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 01:14:34 -0800 (PST)

On 31 okt, 11:50, Pedda <hemanth.6..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on Oracle 10g Database.
> I am trying to create an assertion in Oracle 10g but it is displaying
> an error  message
> I use the following command to create an assertion in 10g but it is
> not working.
>
> CREATE ASSERTION AST1(SELECT COUNT(*) FROM EMP + SELECT COUNT(*) FROM
> DEPT>SELECT COUNT(*) FROM EMP_DEPT);
>
> Please let me know any changes to the above command so that the above
> assertion works in Oracle10g
>
> Thanks,
> Hemanth

You might want to look for Toon Koppelaar's book 'Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals' (APress) and his framework/website http://www.rulegen.com. Here he proposes/offers a framework for the Oracle database that comes somewhat closer to assertions. Erik Received on Mon Nov 09 2009 - 03:14:34 CST

Original text of this message