Re: performance issue after upgrade to oracle 11.2.0.1 linux 32 bit.

From: Randolf Geist <mahrah_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 11:19:04 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 7, 10:31 am, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonat..._at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I've had a quick read through the posts I can see at the moment.
> The critical issue is (as Charles and Randolf have pointed out)
> the use of first_rows_100, combined with Randolf's observation
> that the expected result set is 40 million rows.
>
> >> First K Rows: K = 100.00, N = 40640900.00
> >> First K Rows: Setup end

Jonathan,

that was one of my first thoughts as well but I was a bit reluctant to draw this conclusion because - probably due to the "dynamic proration" feature - there are more ALL_ROWS plans further down the trace file, leading e.g. to this one:

First K Rows: K = 100.00, N = 73255.00

which makes the sort operation very likely look much cheaper, so I wasn't entirely sure that this is the root cause of the problem, given that we obviously don't see the complete trace file.

Regards,
Randolf

Oracle related stuff blog:
http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/