Re: CLOB

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 07:00:18 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 5, 1:44 pm, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
> On Nov 5, 10:01 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 4, 5:23 pm, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
>
> > > This may be a dumb question, but why can't Oracle read anything
> > > greater than 32767??   EvenCLOB's?  You really have to loop and do
> > > some crappy stuff??
>
> > How are you trying to read the LOB?  The sqlldr utility can read LOB's
> > over 32K.  Now the utl_file utility used to have a 32K record size
> > limit in it.  Are you using it?
>
> > What full version of Oracle?  Oracle capabilities for dealing with LOB
> > data has evolved over the releases since 8.0 introdduced the data
> > type.
>
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>
> We are using PHP to perform the actual call to the DB.  My solution
> was to return 2 variables, breaking the CLOB up and having PHP receive
> 2 output values.
>
> Still, a dumb limitation.  You'd think by this point Oracle would have
> fixed that.

I do not think it is an Oracle limitation. Other tools as posted can retrieve the entire lob at once, or at least larger LOB chunks. I think researching the other suggestions and referring to whatever PHP to Oracle documentation you can find is the next step.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Nov 06 2009 - 09:00:18 CST

Original text of this message