From: The Magnet <>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:44:55 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 5, 10:01 am, Mark D Powell <> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 5:23 pm, The Magnet <> wrote:
> > This may be a dumb question, but why can't Oracle read anything
> > greater than 32767??   EvenCLOB's?  You really have to loop and do
> > some crappy stuff??
> How are you trying to read the LOB?  The sqlldr utility can read LOB's
> over 32K.  Now the utl_file utility used to have a 32K record size
> limit in it.  Are you using it?
> What full version of Oracle?  Oracle capabilities for dealing with LOB
> data has evolved over the releases since 8.0 introdduced the data
> type.
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

We are using PHP to perform the actual call to the DB. My solution was to return 2 variables, breaking the CLOB up and having PHP receive 2 output values.

Still, a dumb limitation. You'd think by this point Oracle would have fixed that. Received on Thu Nov 05 2009 - 12:44:55 CST

Original text of this message