Re: CLOB

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:33:16 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 4, 2:23 pm, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
> This may be a dumb question, but why can't Oracle read anything
> greater than 32767??   Even CLOB's?  You really have to loop and do
> some crappy stuff??

Not a dumb question at all. I think the answer is simply the string length limit of PL/SQL.

In general with CLOB's, you have to deal with the physical realities of limits in the db. It's harder to just make everything logical like you theoretically should be able to with relational databases. So physical limits are worked around by hiding in packages, or hiding the realities in other languages.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.cracked.com/photoshop_90_the-world-tomorrow-if-internet-disappeared-today_p19