Re: Weird "CURRENT_SCHEMA" behavior

From: Maxim Demenko <>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 19:47:30 +0100

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 19:07:29 +0100, Maxim Demenko wrote:
>> Mladen Gogala wrote:
>>> The "ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA" used to only influence the name
>>> resolution. In version 10.2, it also influences the owner of the newly
>>> created objects:
>>> This is strange! I observed the same behavior in 11.2 database.
>> I observed the same behaviour in 8i and 9i databases as well. Maybe,
>> this is expected behaviour?
>> ;-)
>> Best regards
>> Maxim

> I can't point to the article, but I do remember reading that it should
> only change the name resolution. I also tested it on a 9i database and it
> works as above. This is, apparently, the expected behavior.

Well, for me it sounds like it changes exactly the parsing schema id with all consequences regarding the name resolution (also, regardless, *how* you reference the objects). The only exception from the rule is database link but, it isn't somehow unexpected.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Wed Nov 04 2009 - 12:47:30 CST

Original text of this message