Re: oracle-l

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:26:54 -0000

"Mladen Gogala" <no_at_email.here.invalid> wrote in message news:pan.2009.10.27.19.39.03_at_email.here.invalid...
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:20:08 +0000, Tony Sequeira wrote:
>

> There were quite a few reactions, some in the form of private emails,
> some posted here. All those reactions convinced me that I am hitting the
> nerve, so why not keep up the good work?

I'll repeat the post which I sent as a private email in error when I had intended it as a public post to the newsgroup:

You seem to have forgotten that if Steve had not volunteered to take responsibility for the Oracle-L list, it would have closed down many years ago. The fact that you don't like his restrictions regarding content and language is unfortunate for you, but there seem to be plenty of intelligent people who still use the list and find it useful.

Whining like a spoilt child is not intelligent behaviour..

When Steve took responsibility for Oracle-L, the previous moderator had decided to shut it down because of noises begin made in the US courts about moderators being responsible for all comments made on such lists.

The threat of being sued for a derogatory comment (even a true one) being made by a list member was something that no-one else wanted to take on - and you're complaining because you now can't say whatever you like whenever you like because Steve took on that risk.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com