Re: Anyone been able to raise Steve Adams at oracle-l?

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 26, 4:03 pm, "Gerard H. Pille" <> wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> > On Oct 26, 12:12 pm, "Gerard H. Pille"<>  wrote:
> >> YMBAL, jg, but what a waste of your talents.
> > Congratulations!  I have no idea what YMBAL means.  You May Be A
> > Liar?  Linguist?  Loser?  Lorikeet?  Lilliputian?  Literati?
> > Literalizer?  Lisper?  Lipophilic?  Linotypist?  Lingonberry?
> > Limuloid?
> > jg
> > --
> > is bogus.
> > And the only Jewish family in town sold sheets to the Ku Klux Klan.
> >
> I just invented it to get your attention.  Based on IANAL and your fluency with words: You Must
> Be A Lawyer.   Liar and Loser were not called for, were they?

No, sorry, I just had a King Crimson song (Elephant Talk) worm its way into my ear when I started thinking about words starting with L. Just didn't hit on Lawyer, perhaps too close to Liar.

I lasted about a semester and a half in law school, then ran for the solidity of geekdom after looking at a (non-electronic) job board one day in 1980.

-- is bogus.