Re: Materialized View

From: Randolf Geist <>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:24:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 24, 12:56 am, The Magnet <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Hope I can explain this properly:
> I'm hoping this can be done in just 1 long SQL statement.  We have
> several queries that gather counts from different tables.  Each takes
> a while and since they are part of the same app, the screen takes a
> while.  So, we want to use a materialized view.
> Problem is that each column would need to be a query.  The tables are
> different, though we basically need the same data from them, a date
> and a count of records on that date.  So, each query will return
> different results, but yet we want 1 materialized view to contain the
> counts of the 6 tables.  For example, here are 2 of the queries:

If this is still about the query that you have asked about in your previous thread: I've updated that old thread how I think you can speed up that query, may be then you don't have the need for an additional materialized view.

Oracle related stuff blog:

SQLTools++ for Oracle (Open source Oracle GUI for Windows): Received on Sun Oct 25 2009 - 08:24:01 CDT

Original text of this message