Re: Upgrading OEM

From: Chuck <chuckh1958_nospam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:10:27 -0400

hpuxrac wrote:

> If you google around for "grid control upgrade 10.2.0.5" there's a
> bunch of stuff written.
>
> It looks like a long complicated bug infested undertaking from a quick
> look.

That's been my impression too. The few folks I've spoken to who went through the upgrade all said the same. One the one hand I'd like to do an in-place upgrade because if it works I could be done in an hour or two. On the other hand if my experience follows that of others I've read about I could hit lots of snags and have all my DB monitoring down for an extended period. Potentially days.

Even though it's much more work I'm leaning towards installing a completely new OMS and repository on a new host and migrating each agent one at a time. It buys me the confidence of knowing that I'm still monitoring all my targets througout the migration, but I will undoubetly lose any historical metric data from the original repository, and will have hundreds of firewall rules that potentially need updating. Received on Wed Oct 21 2009 - 10:10:27 CDT

Original text of this message