Re: dg4odbc on Linux?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 21, 3:21 am, yossarian <yossaria..._at_operamail.com> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > In
> > oracle11, they have this shiny new product which was supposed to be a
> > standalone product, and which would do the same thing.
>
> So hsodbc is not shipped anymore with 11g? What are the claimed benefits
> of this new product over hsodbc?
>
> Y.

HSODBC is still present in 11g. 11g also supports the Open Gateway interface which dg4odbc is part of.

As far as getting dg4odbc installed and working I do not have a clue but I am pretty sure it is needed for the HSODBC interface as well as the Gateway product.

There is a separate manual on the feature: OracleŽ Database Heterogeneous Connectivity Administrator's Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) Part Number B14232-01. One possible issue on 64 bit systems is that Oracle specifies that the ODBC driver must be 32 bit.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Oct 21 2009 - 09:58:02 CDT

Original text of this message