Re: 8i "until change is before resetlogs" error

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:33:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 13, 9:02 am, Ganesh <ganesh.tam..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> One solution I could find for this problem is to do sql "ALTER SYSTEM
> ARCHIVE LOG CURRENT"; after every restore. This will make sure that
> the next_change# is always greater than resetlogs_change# after any
> restore. And further backups and restore can work correctly. But I am
> not sure whether this can cause any issues.

If you have tested it and it now works for you then go with it. After recovering any real database it will switch archivelogs sooner or later.

You are not going to get any support from Oracle with rman stuff back from 8.1.7 ... are you patched up to the latest patchset that was available for 8.1.7 ( I used to know what that was but ... whew ... ages come and go ... maybe it was 8.1.7.6 ? ). Received on Tue Oct 13 2009 - 14:33:40 CDT

Original text of this message