Re: Union

From: Tim X <timx_at_nospam.dev.null>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:30:32 +1100

joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com> writes:

> I think those DISTINCTs will bone you every time.
>
> jg
> --

I didn't even notice those in my original scan. Your right, to determine distinct rows that have multiple columns, an index on one column will not avoid a full table scan.

further confirmation that clear requirements are needed and the query will likely need to be totally re-written. Hope its not a core requirement as it smells of a requirement that doesn't fit with the design.

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au