Re: The end is near: Coca Cola switches to UDB

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:09:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 10, 11:10 am, MacRules <MacRu..._at_none.com> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 00:09:08 +0100, Palooka wrote:
>
> >> I am no particular fan of any specifc RDBMS, nor of any particular
> >> application technology.
>
> > I am. I prefer Oracle RDBMS above all other. What I dislike are Oracle's
> > prices and licensing policies. I welcome any competition to Oracle, in
> > order for them to stop behaving like a monopoly.
>
> Is it Oracle too buggy? How many patches to get it right ??
>
> Is the RAC worth the price to pay for it? Cheaper replication solution
> is the way to go.

RAC is not a replication technology, it's a high-availability option as it's composed of ONE database accessed by 2 or more instances. Of course you're welcome to explain how replication offers the same highavailability  options as RAC.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Oct 10 2009 - 12:09:21 CDT

Original text of this message