Re: The end is near: Coca Cola switches to UDB

From: joel garry <>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 13:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 9, 12:15 pm, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:49:12 -0700, joel garry wrote:
> > PDP-11 VMS computer
> It was called VAX, actually. Virtual Address eXtension.
> --

You know that. I know that. You probably even know about Vaxen with PDP consoles. The GCN reporter not only didn't know that, he munged it up in a particularly stoopid way. I wish I had kept the article, had it on my cube for a while. I should have been more precise, the article specifically said pdp-11/70 VMS, and had several munges of the two architectures, obviously from not comprehending disparate press releases.

-- is bogus.