Re: The end is near: Coca Cola switches to UDB

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:29:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 9, 11:27 am, Mladen Gogala <n..._at_email.here.invalid> wrote:

snip

> > When you are on top of the heap you have more ability to make the
> > customer pay the price that the seller wants.  I don't see that changing
> > away from Oracle any time soon.
>
> Have you heard of a guy named Ken Olsen?

Not really.

I was in the IBM mainframe world for a long time ... by the time I transitioned over to Oracle Sun and HP were what everyone was pretty much running oracle workloads on. Just a few people hanging in on DEC systems in this area.

I don't think DEC was ever a major player in the computer field the way that you appear to think they were. Received on Fri Oct 09 2009 - 14:29:56 CDT

Original text of this message