Erwin, fact tables and bitmap indexes on foreign keys

From: anvi <andrea.vincenzi_at_olap.it>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 01:33:24 -0700 (PDT)

In general it is considered good practice to create bitmap indexes on the foreign keys of fact tables in a dimensional schema (as stated in many books and in the Oracle Datawarehousing Guide). My question is this: I'm using Erwin as a modeling tool and I couldn't find a way to tell it to use bitmap for the FK indexes. I have to delete the indexes created by default (which are B-Tree) and replace them manually with bitmap indexes.

Did anybody experience the same problem? Any solutions? Received on Wed Oct 07 2009 - 03:33:24 CDT

Original text of this message