ORA-03135: connection lost contact

From: DEV <sdpant_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:31:02 -0700 (PDT)

We are upgrading our app, so we are doing some load testing. We are sometimes getting "ORA-03135: connection. lost contact" error. Metalink Doc ID: 787354.1 has note on how to troubleshoot this error. According to this, #1 is not applicable to us as we are not using RAC in this environment. #3 is not applicable as there is no firewall between app serve and db. #2 "Idle Connection Timeout" should not be a issue as I have sqlplus session open on app server and that is not being disconnected.
I am running out of ideas to troubleshoot this error. Any ideas to resolve this issue?
Oracle 10.2.0.3 EE on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 Thanks. Received on Mon Oct 05 2009 - 18:31:02 CDT

Original text of this message