Re: Checkpoints

From: joel garry <>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 2, 1:10 pm, Srivenu Kadiyala <> wrote:
> I would go for atleast 500MB to give more breathing space for dbwr to
> checkpoint before the next log switch.
> Also whats the value of FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET?
> On several of the servers ( on HP) i see that the parameter
> does not work as seemlessly as is specified in the doc.
> If i'm in your shoes, I would first set my log files to atleast 512 MB
> and if still facing the checkpoint issue, would start tinkering with
> regards
> srivenu

Rather than just pulling values out of your, um, hat, why not look at optimal_logfile_size from v$instance_recovery? See metalink Note: 274264.1 or the performance tuning guide.

-- is bogus.
Who is Diego and why is he flipping off Oracle aces off the coast of
Africa? Hi, I'd like to share a Google Maps link with you.