Re: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges when open a Cursor

From: valigula <valigula_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:15:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 30, 7:02 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:58:17 -0700 (PDT), valigula
>

> <valig..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi all,
>
> >I am facgin an issue when trying  to run a procedure inside a package.
> >The procedure goes to the exception when get to the open cursor
> >command. I am able to debug the procedure and seems that all the
> >rights are correctly set.
> >BTW this is a Oracle 9i.
>
> >SQL> show parameter cursors;
>
> >NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
> >------------------------------------ -----------
> >------------------------------
> >open_cursors                         integer     250
> >session_cached_cursors               integer     0
>
> >Thanks in advance
>
> There is no privilege required to open a cursor.
> This means the ora-1031 error is a result from parsing the associated
> statement.
> As you didn't post this statement, no help on this is possible.
> The most common reason for ora-1031 is -apart from not reading the
> documentation, and not using Google prior to posting this for the
> 10000000000000+1 time, you have privileges through a role and a
> running with definers rights so roles are ignored. You either need to
> grant the privilege directly, or use authid current_user on your
> package.
>
> --
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks for your time, but actually I can execute the procedure, and even debug it. Also i can execute the procedure as a script with no problem. Or in another database and it works.

Never seem that behaviour before so i wanted it to share it. So we all can learn.

Thanks Received on Wed Sep 30 2009 - 15:15:54 CDT

Original text of this message