Re: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges when open a Cursor

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:02:08 +0200

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:58:17 -0700 (PDT), valigula <valigula_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am facgin an issue when trying to run a procedure inside a package.
>The procedure goes to the exception when get to the open cursor
>command. I am able to debug the procedure and seems that all the
>rights are correctly set.
>BTW this is a Oracle 9i.
>
>SQL> show parameter cursors;
>
>NAME TYPE VALUE
>open_cursors integer 250
>session_cached_cursors integer 0
>
>Thanks in advance

There is no privilege required to open a cursor. This means the ora-1031 error is a result from parsing the associated statement.
As you didn't post this statement, no help on this is possible. The most common reason for ora-1031 is -apart from not reading the documentation, and not using Google prior to posting this for the 10000000000000+1 time, you have privileges through a role and a running with definers rights so roles are ignored. You either need to grant the privilege directly, or use authid current_user on your package.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA