Re: [Questionary survey]How many people are using ASM?

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.invalid>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:51:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 06:19:52 -0700, Jia Lu wrote:

> Hi all
> In out country there is a questionary survey result says 70% are using
> OS's file system or other volume manager like LVM.
>
> I wonder what storage manager does everyone use worldwide with Oracle
> productive database system.
>
> Q. What are you using with Oracle database?
> A: ASM
> B: File System
> C: Other storage manager: ( Write here )
>
> Thanks.

The company that I work for uses both ASM and file system. There are several databases and ASM is used on the 3 RAC configurations while the file system is used on non-RAC configurations. The file system is Ext3. Versions are ranging from 10.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.1, the latter being a test database.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com