Re: Force drop of UNDO tablespace (with online segment) in 9.2.0.8?

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.invalid>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:13:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:51:54 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> That was extracted from the ML note 28814.1. Of course, you should
> return to the automatic undo afterwards.

The original poster sent me an email because Google groups are apparently not cooperating, so he asked me to publish this note for him. Basically, the recipe has worked but the ML search is less than useful. Here is his note:

"Thanks Mladen! That worked perfectly, very much appreciated.

Congratulations on finding that in Metalink as I spent a couple of hours looking at how to do it and still couldn't solve it (maybe I'm getting too old :). I then went and looked at the note you reference and still couldn't find anything to do with "_corrupted_rollback_segments".

I then did a ML knowledge base search (using the flash version, grumble grumble) on "_corrupted_rollback_segments" and it only returned six hits. Only two of those six hits contained the string "_corrupted_rollback_segments"!

I then did an advanced search (unquoted) The Exact Phrase: _corrupted_rollback_segments

And got six hits again with only two hits containing the search string!

Has anyone else noticed this?"

PS:

---
I didn't find that in Metalink, I had the same problem and have opened a
SR to fix it. That's how I learned to solve that kind of problems.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com