Re: How to trigger which program updated a table ?

From: yossarian <yossarian99_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:25:26 +0200

Maija-Leena wrote:

> I need to log some updates and I would like to do it using a trigger which
> inserts a line to a logtable. I need to know which application (sqlplus,
> java, toad etc) was used to make the update. I've studied sys_context but
> didn't find that information. Toad's Session Browser shows programs that are
> connected to the database, so I think it's possible. Do You know how ?

dbms_application_info.READ_module(:MODULE_NAME,:ACTION_NAME) works for sqlplus and popular Oracle tools like Toad I believe, but for custom Java applications you must hardcode a call to dbms_application_info.SET_MODULE at the beginning of the session.

Y. Received on Wed Sep 23 2009 - 02:25:26 CDT

Original text of this message