Re: Tool for monitoring

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:12:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 16, 10:24 am, Alex <> wrote:
> Hi people,
> I would like to know if someone knows or could suggest any tool that
> can monitor Oracle database and server with similar features that
> Oracle Grid Control has.
> Possibly something with good information that is possible to take
> decisions like best time for outage, etc,etc.
> I found the free tool called Nagios ... is there any other tool to
> collect Oracle stats as well to recommend?
> Thanks in advance.
> Alex

I do not know if it is free as the site is currently unavailable, but I am told it is cheap and the tool was recommended by someone who worked for Oracle on their performance tools in the recent past so look at for the "DB Optimizer".

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 16 2009 - 10:12:38 CDT

Original text of this message