Re: is there a dictionary query that is able to tell which public procedure calls a particolar line of code?

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:54:57 +0200

yossarian schreef:
> Good morning, Oracle 10.2.0.3 SE on Linux here.
>
> I'm trying to understand an Oracle package horribly written by an
> ex-coworker.
>
> Is there a dictionary query that is able to tell which *public*
> procedure (i.e. included in package specification) calls a particolar
> line of code?
>
> I'm getting lost with bad indentation and sub-sub-sub-procedures...
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Yossarian

Bad indentation can be repaired with a good editor like Toad by Quest or Pl/SQL Developer by Allround Automations.

A procedure never calls a particular line of code, it can call other procedures or functions. With the tools above you can look at 'referenced by', but they will only show which package calls which package. You'll need a cross-reference program to see what you want to see.

Shakespeare Received on Wed Sep 16 2009 - 06:54:57 CDT

Original text of this message