Re: plan stability

From: vsevolod afanassiev <vsevolod.afanassiev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 05:17:42 -0700 (PDT)

Outlines are tricky, sometimes it is difficult to get them to work. Have you tried to export statistics from SchemaA and import into SchemaB?
With identical statistics the plans should be identical.

You are on 10.2.0.3, I assume you use standard Oracle job for collecting
statistics (running as DBMS_SCHEDULER job). This job creates histograms.
I also assume the application uses bind variables. In this case there could be instances
of that 'great' feature known as bind variable peeking.

Do you have schema name in the statements or not? I.e. is it

SELECT * FROM SCHEMAA.TABLEA or
SELECT * FROM TABLEA Received on Mon Sep 14 2009 - 07:17:42 CDT

Original text of this message