Re: Possible to reinstall Enterprise Manager 11gr2 ?

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 11, 7:00 pm, Audrey A Lee <audrey.lee.is..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Hello people,
>
> I downloaded 11gr2 and installed it on my ubuntu box.
>
> The install was smooth.
>
> At the end I connected to Enterprise Manager (EM) and it seemed to be
> working okay.
>
> Then I bounced the database.
>
> EM went haywire.
>
> I shutdown EM.
>
> I tried to start it up.
>
> It seems sick.
>
> I see a lot of errors in the sysman log.
>
> This is just a training DB.   I don't care about any of the data in
> it.
>
> So I'm willing to tinker with it quite a bit and toss it in the trash
> if need-be.
>
> Here is my question:
>
> -Does EM (11gr2) have a reset-button or recipe to reinstall it or re-
> initialize it?
>
> -Audrey

If you google around a little you should be able to find some step by step guides for reconfiguring ... also possible to use the free oracle documentation.

Off the top of my head I think it is usually done by dropping the em repository and then a recreate ... Received on Sun Sep 13 2009 - 18:16:50 CDT

Original text of this message