Re: oracle has customers over a barrel

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 12, 2:25 pm, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 9:30 am, Serge Rielau <srie..._at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > Mark,
> > I think you need ";-)" when cross posting jokes to non DB2 groups.... ;-)
>
> What does that mean?  You lost me completely ... maybe it was
> something before the LOL thing came along?

Mark A jokingly expressed surprise that DB2 runs on other platforms, and Mladen apparently took it seriously, though he is so good it's hard (for me, anyways) to tell when he's joking (since I had recognized Mark A and assumed Mladen had too). It would be like Mladen expressing surprise that Oracle can run in clusters, those of us who aren't newbies in the Oracle group would know that is Mladen being sarcastic, but anyone else might helpfully explain clusters and the various types of sharing and...

I know I easily forget that I'm crossposting even though this googly interface has it right in front of me, I focus on what I'm writing, or try to anyways (the house smells like delicious soup just now).

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.sandiego.org/event/Visitors/3009