Re: How do I create a new emkey for Enterprise Manager Database Control?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:06:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 12, 1:25 am, Audrey A Lee <audrey.lee.is..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed 11gR2.
>
> I am evaluating it.
>
> How do I create a new emkey for Enterprise Manager Database Control?
>
> I tried various combinations of this command:
>
> emctl config emkey
>
> I did find a probable bug:
>
> $ emctl config emkey -emkey -emkeyfile emkey.ora -force -sysman_pwd
>
> Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.2.0.1.0
> Copyright (c) 1996, 2009 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
> Undefined subroutine &EmKeyCmds::promptUserPasswd called at /u2/app/
> oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/bin/EmKeyCmds.pm line 160, <FILE> line
> 3.
> $
>
> Again,
> How do I create a new emkey for Enterprise Manager Database Control?

Check out bug 6996516. Then pound on Oracle support for how to do this.

> I do have a copy of my old key but it is no longer good because I
> reinstalled the repository with these commands:
>
> emca -repos drop ...
> emca -repos create ...

Isn't it loverly how emca immolates itself with simple documented commands?

> Oh, and where is emctl "documented".

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10701/emca.htm such as it is. You can add to it at the bottom of the page.

You are expected to be able to look through all the logs and script files and figure out what is wrong. I think that is an awful expectation on Oracle's part. We expect them to actually try their own software before foisting it upon us. We've already paid for it! Yet this is all crap. It's just riddled with bugs on every release and patch.

> I poked around in some book-index links and with the search engine.
> I could not find anything.
>
> Thanks

jg

--