How do I create a new emkey for Enterprise Manager Database Control?

From: Audrey A Lee <audrey.lee.is.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 01:25:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I just installed 11gR2.

I am evaluating it.

How do I create a new emkey for Enterprise Manager Database Control?

I tried various combinations of this command:

emctl config emkey

I did find a probable bug:

$ emctl config emkey -emkey -emkeyfile emkey.ora -force -sysman_pwd
he11ow0rld
Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Database Control Release 11.2.0.1.0 Copyright (c) 1996, 2009 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Undefined subroutine &EmKeyCmds::promptUserPasswd called at /u2/app/ oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/bin/EmKeyCmds.pm line 160, <FILE> line 3.
$

Again,
How do I create a new emkey for Enterprise Manager Database Control?

I do have a copy of my old key but it is no longer good because I reinstalled the repository with these commands:

emca -repos drop ...
emca -repos create ...

Oh, and where is emctl "documented".

I poked around in some book-index links and with the search engine. I could not find anything.

Thanks Received on Sat Sep 12 2009 - 03:25:29 CDT

Original text of this message