Re: Ora-19906 when restoring user managed backup - stumped!

From: gs <gs_at_gs.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:04:28 GMT

Hemant K Chitale wrote:
> Check if you rebuilt the controlfile properly and that the newly
> created controlfile IS in use for the Recovery, not an older
> controlfile.
>

> Hemant K Chitale
> http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

checked all that, all was ok, done this process many times, just this time I was getting error. Finally was able to apply redo and open database with resetlogs, but only after I set the database incarnation to 1 with and RMAN command. Not sure why this was necessary this particular time though. Opened an SR and uploaded alert logs etc.. from prod and test db's, will see if they come up with any useful info.. Received on Thu Sep 10 2009 - 09:04:28 CDT

Original text of this message