Re: Any Pro*C/C++ users out there?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 06:09:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks so much, Maxim.

I have been looking around, searching the configuration files related to Pro*C/C++ and have made an interesting discovery.

In order for the pre-compiler to work properly, there are two critical files. They seem to be redundant, and we have to be VERY careful AND keep a backup of the original version because it is very easy to screw up the system.

These are the two files:

$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg (this has 2 lines only)

$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk

One fundamental problem is that the sys_include path is defined in both files, in a mysterious co-dependent way.

I am going to start by editing those two files, in parallel and use trial and error to see if I can find a working sys_include.

My goal is to make the C++ compilation work. So far, I cannot even compile the 3 samples provided.

-Ramon Received on Sun Sep 06 2009 - 08:09:37 CDT

Original text of this message