Counterpart to MS Enterprise Manager?

From: Siegfried Heintze <siegfried_at_heintze.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 22:44:32 -0700

Microsoft supplies a general purpose client with their SQL Server product called Enterprise Manager.

Does Oracle supply a similar program with their freebie version of the database that will allow me enuermate the databases and their logins, views, stored procedures and tables?

I see they supply a java program call Oracle SQL Developer but that requires a connection string that I don't know.

I believe I used the database configuration assistant to create a new database with 4 usersnames (that I don't remember). I think I remember the password.

I can use the Oracle Administration assistant for windows and I see my new database in there. I was hoping to use this tool to create a simple table and populate it with some sample data. I cannot see where in the GUI I create a table, however. Can this program create tables or do I need a different program?

Thanks,
Siegfried Received on Sun Sep 06 2009 - 00:44:32 CDT

Original text of this message