Re: a contrast between oracle articles currently playing

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 3, 11:08 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I think the current #2 article is on 11g version 2.
>
> The current #3 article is something about Sun and Oracle ... and how
> fast they are together.  A copy and paste gets us these words ...
>
> Oracle and Sun together are hard to match. Just ask IBM. Its fastest
> server now runs an impressive 6 million TPC-C transactions, but on
> October 14 at Oracle OpenWorld, we'll reveal the benchmark numbers
> that prove that even IBM DB2 running on IBM's fastest hardware can't
> match the speed and performance of Oracle Database on Sun systems.
> Check back on October 14 as we demonstrate Oracle's commitment to Sun
> hardware and Sun SPARC.
>
> ***
>
> Curious though the contrast between #2 and #3.
>
> Care to download 11.2 for Sun Solaris Sparc?  Oops ... not yet
> available.  How about 11.2 for Sun Solaris x86 ... oops ... not yet
> available.

"...The chicken is involved but the pig is committed."

I would guess it'll take a year or more to bring Sun to the leading platform, if they even do that. Maybe they're coming up with some exadata on sun thing, like http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/02/oracle_sun_sparc_preview/

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Or maybe it's complete marketing BS putting lipstick on a pig.