Re: Date Modified on logfiles not changing

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 2, 3:28 pm, "Terry Dykstra" <tddyks..._at_forestoil.ca> wrote:
> I have a 10.2.0.4 database on W3K where the Date Modified (as shown in
> windows explorer) is stuck on 07/07/2009 6:42PM.  That's the time that the
> instance was last started.
> But looking in v$log and v$logfile I can see that the filenames and
> timestamps are all correct.  So this is a mystery to me.  Anyone ever seen
> this behavior?
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra

What exactly are you looking at? Date Modified of what? What dates does it show on your controlfiles and data files? Looking at my XE, I see the bdump and udump directories are dated at my last startup, since it seems to create some trace files there when it starts up.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/19/att_dumps_kevin_mitnick/