Re: FreeTDS

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:33:40 +0200

On 02.09.2009 17:12, Palooka wrote:
> On 02/09/09 14:01, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>> My favorite drivers site that I used to connect Oracle&  SQL Server is no
>> more. Allegedly, the domain has expired. Does anybody here know what
>> happened to www.freetds.org?
>>

> I get to the site, and the homepage is displayed, but my browser
> (Firefox) additionally shows this message on the page:
>
> "The name servers for this domain (freetds.org) are incorrectly
> configured. Please contact your domain name administrator for further
> assistance."

I get

<<The domain freetds.org has expired. If you owned this domain, please contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance. If you need help identifying your service provider, visit http://domainhelp.tucows.com.>>

Maybe someone did not pay their bill in time? I cannot find any news which would explain what happened. If you're lucky the outage is just temporary.

jTDS is still alive and kicking, but that won't help you unless you wanted to migrate to Java anyway...

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Kind regards

        robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/