Re: What is an Active Session from the EM console point of view ?

From: vik <wiktorc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 03:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 7, 3:39 am, pitufo <vandr..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am checking the output of EM console under Active Session in my
> database (rdbms 10.2.0.2) and I can see that it shows an average
> number of active session of less than 2 active users.
> Checking v$session (for about 15 minutes with 30 seconds between
> samples ) and there are about 20-21 session with STATUS='ACTIVE'.
>
> Any one has an idea why the discrepancy between both metrics ?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Andres

The Session Count is computed by categorizing the time that all active sessions consumed in the last sampling interval into different wait classes, summing the amount in each wait class, and dividing it by the sampling interval. For example, If there are 3 active sessions in the last 15-second sampling interval, and each session spent half of the time (7.5 seconds each) on CPU and half of the time idling, then 3 x 7.5 / 15 = 1.5 active sessions on CPU appear for that sampling interval. Received on Wed Sep 02 2009 - 05:03:51 CDT

Original text of this message