Re: 48227, 00000, "Invalid Relation File - [%s] [%s] [%s] [%s]"

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:03:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 31, 6:01 am, Chris <romanis..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the solution for anyone out there, took me time and $$$ to
> finally find a fix to this problem. Let information be free!

Well, I agree with that sentiment, but putting 48227 in the formerly metalink knowledgebase search got me right to the document. I see it is dated 2 weeks ago, but the other doc from last year that came up had the same solution, with the diag directory located elsewhere, as it would be on many systems.

Thanks for the heads up, anyways, factoids like this help keep cdos useful.

> Oracle v 9g/ 10g/ 11g:
>
> PROPOSED SOLUTION(S)
> ======================
> --Recreate the AMS relations
>
> To recreate the AMS relations in the ADR repository, please take a
> backup of the cur
> rent directory /home/oracle/oracle/diag and then remove it:
>
> rm -rf /home/oracle/oracle/diag
>
> It can be done with the database OPEN.
>
> Once the directory is removed, connect to sqlplus and the directory
> will be recreated automatically:
>
> sqlplus '/ as sysdba'
>
> PROPOSED SOLUTION JUSTIFICATION(S)
> This will recreate the Directory which is reported to be corrupt

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/aug/29/microsofts-vip-interns/?uniontrib