Oracle data change history ?

From: grz01 <grz01_at_spray.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 04:58:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We are building a new application with Java/Spring, Hibernate and Oracle.

One requirement is to be able to trace back the history of all objects (table-rows) in the database and see how they looked at a certain point back in time.
We also need to know who changed what, and when -- but "who" is determined by programming-logic (not the userid in Oracle) so I guess that info has to be stored along in the database-tables.

The flashback-feature in Oracle seems to have the general functionality we want, but being based on redo-logs, etc, I guess it's not useful if you want to retain all history going back, say, 24 months, or so?

Is there some other feature or framework (from Oracle, a third-party or open-source) suitable for this purpose?

TIA, grz Received on Wed Aug 26 2009 - 06:58:43 CDT

Original text of this message