Re: Death of the DBA

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:26:13 +1000

Helma wrote,on my timestamp of 24/08/2009 1:15 AM:

> ignore the trends, and you just can't offer yourself as someone with
> only Oracle skills, IMHO. Being just an oracle DBA may not be enough
> these days.

You mean 3 years ago when I said precisely that and was derided for doing so, I was actually right? Wonders will never cease... Mind you: after three years of training in MS/SQL and using it every single day, I can confidently say the skillset needed is a fraction of what you need for Oracle. Hence the difference in salary levels. Received on Wed Aug 26 2009 - 05:26:13 CDT

Original text of this message