Re: Death of the DBA

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:07:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 24, 3:22 pm, "geoff" <nos..._at_nospam.com> wrote:
> All the answers are off base, the biggest threat is, the job is shipped off
> to some country where the employer can pay $2 or $3 per hour.
>
> --g

Until a few years ago, i only saw developers work going to third world countries, but lately i see more and more offers about DBA work that's being done remotely. I assume it's the junior stuff, such as user administration, space management etc. But who has figures on this trend? Received on Mon Aug 24 2009 - 09:07:35 CDT

Original text of this message