Re: Death of the DBA

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 19, 9:02 am, Shakespeare <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> ddf schreef:
>
> > On Aug 19, 7:14 am, Helma <helma.vi..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> What the biggest threat for the Oracle DBA?
>
> > Complacency.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Their own or their magnager's?
>
> Shakespeare

I think David is right in that complacency on the part of the DBA is the biggest threat to the DBA and I think Shakespeare hit the second biggest threat. Namely, management failure to properly understand and appreciate the proper role of the DBA in making sure nothing goes wrong to begin with.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 19 2009 - 09:28:09 CDT

Original text of this message