Re: Death of the DBA

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 06:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

On 19 Aug, 13:14, Helma <helma.vi..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> What the biggest threat for the Oracle DBA?

In my experience, ignorance on behalf of the management. They don't understand that a DBA's role is, essentially proactive. And, as nothing appears to fail, wonder why they pay expensive DBA's for appearing to do nothing :)

I take pride in my databases staying available 24/7. Although I sometimes wonder if I should allow one to fail, 9/11-style, just so that they can actually see me *fix* something ;) -g Received on Wed Aug 19 2009 - 08:41:10 CDT

Original text of this message