Re: OS version (8i) - standby - and os

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:14:12 +0100

On 16/08/09 10:05, Fabrice wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
> I'm not sure to understand you. I know tha Oracle 8i is desupported.
> But I have to work with this version.
>
> So for you, there are no troubles to use oracle under Windows 2003 and to
> have production/standby under two differents releases ?
>

> I understand "it doesn't matter at all" by you can do it.
> I'm wrong ?
>
> Thanks and sorry to insist about it.
> fabrice.

If I had *absolutely no choice* but to run an obsolete version of Oracle, I would at least run it an an OS platform upon which it was originally certified - and I would run the standby on an identical platform, down to service packs and hotfixes.

The question to ask is not "Does it appear to work?" but "What is the least worst option?".

Palooka Received on Sun Aug 16 2009 - 07:14:12 CDT

Original text of this message