Input to research project in exchange to increased performance?

From: jbdhl <jbirksdahl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:22:16 -0700 (PDT)

I am a PhD student currently researching in algorithms for partitioning of high-throughput OLTP row-store database systems. In short, I search for input to my research and will in return provide you with a good partitioning (with an increased throughput as a consequence).

More elaborate: initial tests performed on the TPC-C benchmark have shown a 37% cut-off in the total amount of data accessed when my algorithms have been applied. Now, I would like to test the algorithms in a larger scale and therefore search for schemas and workloads for large-scale systems from the "real life". I need no actual data (rows) but only table definitions and a workload in form of transaction definitions and if possible: some statistics. Also, importantly: everything can be anonymized before handing it to me.

In return, I can offer a partitioning onto one or more machines, which will likely reduce the total workload considerably, implying a higher throughput (more transactions per second).

I imagine that this could be a win-win situation for both parts and can elaborate the needs in more details if you are interested.

Thanks in advance Received on Fri Aug 14 2009 - 07:22:16 CDT

Original text of this message