Re: ASSM bug: slow INSERT after uncomitted DELETE

From: ca111026 <>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:02:33 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for explanation.

So how freelists work? Why we don't have this issue with non-ASSM tablespaces?

Also, what are advantages of ASSM? I can see advantages of Locally Managed Tablespaces:
- Less load on SYSTEM

  • DROP or TRUNCATE of tables/indexes with thousands extents is much faster
  • If locally managed tablespace is created with uniform extent size then there is no fragmentation - all free space is in chunks of "right" size.

However what as advantages of ASSM? Received on Mon Aug 10 2009 - 02:02:33 CDT

Original text of this message